This video I just made for testing camera equipment, camera placement and angles, the noise quality etc. Watch with this in mind and laugh at the ridiculous intro/outro and some weird cutting.
I used the GoPro Hero4 and built in mic. Some lessons were definitely learned from this recording session:
- The gopro mic is not good enough. Use of external mic and good placement is necessary. Inside car is good for louder cars, but for the S600 the mic has to be placed next to the exhaust.
- Shooting inside back of car is difficult when it is very bright outside.
- Wind noise needs to be dealt with, external mic needs wind muff.
- More angles and faster cutting is needed.
- Introduction to car and it quirks and voice over might be necessary for most viewers to enjoy such videos.
- Wide angle shots not always necessary. I have a camera for this purpose too.